Week 15 with a Tough Mudder

(click to make larger)
Me, my husband and our baby!

How far along? 15 weeks
Total weight gain: 8 lbs. Note: I didn’t gain 5 pounds in one week. I just got my updated weight gain at my monthly appointment.
Maternity clothes? No. Some of my shorts are getting too tight to button but the hair tie trick is working.
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Getting better! I can almost sleep through the night. Naps are helping too!
Best moment this week: 1. Hearing baby’s heartbeat again. 2. Watching John finish the Tough Mudder.
Miss anything? Energy.
Movement: No. Honestly, every night I fall asleep trying to feel the baby move.
Food cravings: Hot chocolate and pineapple.
*Food moment: Oh my goodness, it happened. We, John and myself, ate pickles and ice cream today. Not together but close enough to notice. We started with Oatmeal Cookie ice cream from Ben and Jerry’s then 15 minutes later we munched on pickles while watching Rugrats Movie. Hearing “Dill Pickles” got to us.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Showing? More than last week.
Gender: One more month to wait! AH! Still guessing boy.
Labor signs: No
Symptoms: Stretching in my abdomen.
Belly button in or out? In but it is starting to change a little. Maybe next week I’ll take a picture so I can keep track of it.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: Both. Moody usually involves food or hunger. 
Looking forward to: Feeling wiggles and kicks.
Baby’s fruit size: Orange

John became a Tough Mudder!

We drove up to Snow Valley Mountain Resort by Big Bear arriving around 7:00am.
John checked in. My mother-in-law and I purchased our spectator wristbands.
John met up with his friend from high school, K.
9:00am approached and they went to the starting line.
They stood before a wooden wall anticipating the 10-12 mile course sprinkled with 25 military style obstacles. The race started and up over the wall they went. We watched them disappear as they climbed a hill to the hidden course in the mountains. The course weaved back to where we waited only two times. The first time was about 45 minutes in. After they disappeared again we waited. Around 12:15 they came down a hill to their last stretch with 4 more obstacles. We were able to watch this portion and it was so exciting! I am so proud of them!

They both made it across easily.

This wall was slick but they made it over on the first try.

Finally, they ran through thousands of live wires.

Finished with a great time of 3:25.
Notice the hills in the back.

After finishing we all went down to the beach and celebrated with tacos.
It was such a wonderful day!

~Paige

Labels: , ,