Week 29


How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain: 22 lbs
Maternity clothes? No. Just stretchy stuff.
Stretch marks? No.
Sleep: So great right now because it is getting chilly at night. Have I never explained my love for blankets? Well, I love blankets (eh'em: Paige In A Blanket).
Best moment this week: Having our 5-years-later date last night.
Miss anything? Pants that fit.
Movement: Oh yes. Up in my ribs, down in my pelvis, on my belly button… all at the same time.
Food cravings:  Hot chocolate!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No. 
Showing? Yes. More and more.
Gender: Sweet girl!
Labor signs: No.
Symptoms: Nothing new; just pregnant.
Belly button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy mostly. 
Looking forward to: Fall Season
Baby’s fruit size: Butternut Squash

Time for a little story, friends.
About five years ago, John was on leave after finishing basic training for the Marines. Shortly, he had to return for MCT. During this break I visited and we walked down to the beach. 
We sat on the lifeguard tower like usual. 
We talked about the future like usual. 
We kissed like usual. 
I cried because of missing him like usual.
Nothing was out of the ordinary but the night was special. We decided to plan a date 5 years from that night at the same spot. I drew a little picture in green ink and wrote down the date. 
A few weeks ago I stumbled upon it and we marked it on the calendar. 
Yesterday, 10-11-12, was the day.
We grabbed burritos and a blanket.
We sat on the familiar, coarse sand.
We talked about the past and the future.
We kissed and rubbed my belly with hands wearing wedding rings.
I didn't cry because the Marines can't take him away any more and I don't have to go back to high school.
We get to spend every night together in our home.
We asked each other, "Why did we plan this date exactly?" 
"It was just an ordinary night, right?"
"Hmm?"
It was a hope. A hope that we could make it through weeks, months and a deployment apart with letters and phone calls. A hope of two teenage kids that their love was as big and true as they felt it was.
Let me tell you, it was bigger and truer than we thought.
We set another date. October 11th 2017.
It is still a hope but a different kind. It is more like faith

October 11th 2012

October 11th 2012

{I'll tell you the story of us next month; closer to our 3rd anniversary.}

~Paige



Labels: , ,